There are always ups and downs in cricket and life

Appa Book

 

    There are always ups and downs in cricket and life


    online cricket id


    Bengaluru, Jun 21 (PTI) With three fifties in five Ranji Trophy matches, Mumbai captain Prithvi Shaw doesn't live up to the standards he has set in the current season but the youngster knows that cricket is also a way of life. Have to face constant ups and downs.

    Domestic cricket giants Mumbai face Madhya Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy final and Prithvi doesn't want his attention to be distracted by the thought of not getting a place in India's T20 International squad for the tour of England or going to Ireland.

    Mumbai captain Prithvi said on the eve of the final, "I have scored a few (three) half-centuries but it is definitely not enough for me and even after scoring a half-century, no one has congratulated me and you too." Looks bad (said in a funny tone)."

    He said, "Sometimes it happens but I am happy that my team is doing well. As a captain, I have to think about all the 21 players who have come here with me and not just myself.

    Prithvi said, “There are always ups and downs in cricket and life and it is never the case that you keep moving forward. So it's just a matter of time before I start hitting the balls well and play big innings again. But right now I want to make sure that my team does well and I am enjoying the team game.

    When asked whether he does not prefer to return to the national team? Prithvi said, “I am not thinking about returning to the Indian team at all right now. Winning the cup is my main objective and I am not thinking of anything other than winning it.

    Prithvi is just 22 years old and has played 33 first-class matches but when asked what message he wants to give to the 'youth' of the team, he said, "First of all I would like to say that I am proud of him. that they have reached here. I want to tell them to enjoy the game by going on the field. I want to tell the youth of the team that they have to do what they have been doing in U-25 or U-19, just the standard is more stringent here. ,

    "Results don't matter to me, but everyone's effort matters. All I have told them is to do what you have been doing for so many years.

    Prithvi and Armaan Jaffer, who performed well in Mumbai's ongoing campaign, and this season's top scorer Sarfaraz Khan have one thing in common and that is that all three have been students of the same school 'Rizvi Springfields' which is known for its strong cricket team. Known for Rizvi Springfield's team has dominated the prestigious school tournament Harris and Giles Shield in Mumbai.

    Prithvi said, “Me, Sarfaraz and Armaan went to the same school when they were nine to 10 years old. We played together and all three of us have done a good job so far for Mumbai cricket.

    Prithvi is playing in the Ranji Trophy final for the second time (first against Gujarat in 2017) while Armaan and Sarfaraz will be part of the title match for the first time.

    When Prithvi first came to the Mumbai team, Chandrakant Pandit was the coach of the team and now when he leads the 41-time champions Mumbai in the final, this legendary coach will be with the opposition team.

    The Mumbai captain said, "I think I will be able to make eye contact with Chandu sir (Coach Pandit) after five years. This was not the case in 2016 or 2017. Everyone knows that Chandu sir is a tough person and it would be nice to meet him again after a long time.

    Mumbai's coach is being handled by domestic cricket legend Amol Majumdar and Prithvi termed his guidance as special.

    He said, “Everyone knows Amol sir has played a lot of domestic cricket and scored a lot of runs. He has a lot of experience and we are very fortunate to have him with us.”